Saturday, September 21, 2013

Quick update on Baby Barrett

This pregnancy has been wonderful. I last couple of weeks have been getting rough because of the aches and pains but over all very easy.  I took this picture a couple of days before I was 33 weeks.



This is where I am at 33 weeks
All day Monday I was feeling contractions.  As the day went on they got stronger and more painful.  Then they started getting closer together.  They started at about every 10 minutes.  I headed over to my doctors office to have it checked out and everything seemed fine.  I wasn't progressing so he sent me home and said just take it easy.  A good friend of mine was watching the kids until Brad got home.  The contractions were not going away so we decided to let Jason stay the night at his friends house and if I needed to go to the hospital we would drop off Bailey.  Well,  once we got Bailey to bed we made a quick hospital bag just in case.  Then we just waited.  We had some snacks.  We played some video games.  Finally at midnight the contractions were about 2-4 minutes a part so we decided to head to the hospital.  Once we were there for a little while they decided they would try and stop the contractions so they put me on magnesium.  YUCK! I had to stay in bed, it made me super sleepy, dizzy, and blurred my vision.  Well, the contractions did slow down.  They did not stop completely so the next morning they took me of the magnesium and just monitored me.  Eventually the contractions pretty much stopped.  We moved rooms to a more comfortable bed and now we are stuck here till Wednesday when I am 34 weeks.  

Today is my birthday :-) what a great birthday present! (enter sarcasm) Today I get to spend the whole day in the hospital in my bed, have Yummy hospital food and my babies are leaving me for a couple of weeks.  Things have been getting really difficult and stressful for me and Brad.  So Brad's mom is here to get the kids and she is going to take them back to Utah for a little while.  I am so grateful for their help and support but it seriously breaks my little mommy heart to think of them being gone for so long.  Okay enough complaining.

The baby is looking great.  I am only have a few contractions a day which is great.  So I will get to go home on Wednesday and be on bed rest there and just wait for this little guy to come out.  This has been one of the most difficult things I have experienced.  It was physically difficult at first but now it is mostly emotionally difficult.  But I am healthy and they baby is very healthy and it won't last forever.  It is something that our family will learn and grow from.  In this experience we have made some really great friends.  We have come to realize even more how important our family is.  And it has strengthened my testimony even more.  Like I said this hasn't been easy but never once have I felt alone.  I am so grateful that I have my Heavenly Father to protect and comfort me in these difficult times.  It has given me so much peace to know I am never alone. And pretty soon our sweet little baby boy will be here and be a part of our awesome family! :-)

1 comment:

Angelique said...

We are praying for you!