Monday, November 5, 2012

13.1

Yep that's right.  I decided the other night I'm doing it. I am going to run a half marathon!  I will have about 5 months to train.  I plan on doing it in April.  I have a couple of reason for wanting to do this.  I think planning for races helps me get motivated to exercise.  I have been wanting to do a half for awhile now so I would like to accomplish my goal.  And we are going on a cruise and I want to look good in my swim suits. :-) Honestly there are only a couple of areas I would like to work on from having babies.  I am at a great weight for my age and height.  I really just want to be in good shape and accomplish this goal.  I also think about Jason and Bailey.  I want them to see me and Brad exercise to see that is important and we should take care of our bodies but not obsess about it.  Anyway, I started running this morning.  I only did a mile.  I haven't ran in a few months so I wanted to see where I am at.  Let me tell ya it was rough!! I was also pushing the stroller with the kids so that is an extra 50 lbs but I did it!  The next couple of months will be for me to get back into shape and I plan on doing some exercises to strengthen my hips and knees to prevent injuries and then I will follow my training schedule.  So if any of you have ran a half or any type of race and have some good advice for me please let me know! :-)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Go Amanda! Half marathon is my favorite race I've run. You'll love it! I don't have any advice really, just have fun!