Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day 10k race

This past weekend was such a fun one. We were able to take a quick trip to Northern Utah to spend time with family and friends. Brandi (my sister-in-law) and I were able to squeeze a race in there too! We ran a 10k in Orem and I had an awesome time! It was my first race since high school really. Of course, Brandi did awesome and I was surprised at how well I did. I didn't get 2nd place or anything but I accomplished my goal of finishing before 60 minutes and felt great pretty much the whole run. It really was a fun experience and I am glad that Brandi did it with me. It is fun do to things with my in-law siblings. I love spending time with them and getting to know them better. It is difficult sometimes to live far away from both of our families. However, it does make the times when we do get to see them more special!


Making our way over to the starting line...I was a little nervous!
Here we go!


Brandi still looking strong
And here I come...a couple of minutes later :-)


Crossing the finish line
I finished and that is was matters! I placed 10th for my age division and 89th over all. I finished the race in 58 minutes so I can't complain. I finished, I did pretty well, and I had a great time.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Great job Amanda! Races are so much fun. We'll have to do the Boulder Bolder together next year.