Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hot Chocolate!

Sunday night we decided to make some hot chocolate and watch Polar Express.  Such a cute movie.  I always loved that book growing up and they did such a great job with the movie.  The kids really loved it and Jason is at the age he is really starting to understand Santa so he gets pretty excited when he sees pictures or movies with Santa in them.  As a parent all the Santa stuff is a lot of fun but I also want to make sure that the true meaning of Christmas is what is most important and that the kids know the Santa stuff is fun but they know why we really celebrate Christmas.  I want to be an example of service to them and I would love for them to grow up knowing it is fun to get presents but it is even more fun to give.  I know that is not always the easiest thing with kids but I know that they will pick up on it and will come to understand that.