Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Bailey

That's right! Bailey is 2!!!! Uh... has it seriously been two years? Some days I ask where has the time gone and other times I feel like she has been with us forever.  We had kind of a weird but definitely fun birthday week.  Well her birthday is on the 9th which was Monday.  Sadly, Brad has been traveling a lot and was gone for her actual birth day.  So, the kids and I tried to make the day extra special for her and make it all about her.  One fun thing we did was we went to see the movie Brave and the kids loved it and I thought it was super cute.  The music was really pretty.  

Bailey received a special package in the mail from her Oma.  She thought she was pretty hot stuff with her headband and sunglasses. :-) 


Later that day she got a surprise from Brother and Sister Johnson in our ward.  She LOVED her cupcake!


And I took her to the store and let her pick out a toy for her birthday and she chose these princess dolls a couple of them are missing in the picture.  She is getting into princesses which I think is super cute.  


Saturday was the Big day.  We had a big pool party with some of Bailey's friends.  I had planned this party for months and I think it turned out pretty well.  I had fun and didn't stress too much so I would say that was a success for me personally.  The kids had a blast swimming and playing and eating cake of course!






 Sweet Aubrey is such a good sport.  She just had surgery on both her legs so she had to sit out on the swimming but she is such a trooper with all she has to deal with.  



Of course, I did not get a picture before we started eating when the table looked all nice and pretty but this is our nacho bar. YUM! It turned out great.  I made taco seasoned chicken and we had all kinds of fun toppings like lettuce, nacho cheese, shredded cheese, black beans, refried beans, tomatoes, mexicorn, black olives, sour cream.  It was Delicious.  




This is the gift and party favor table.  I had a lot of fun putting the party favors together.  I bought bucket and shovel and then filled them with candy, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, and popsicles.  


Here is the birthday cake.  I kind of ran out of time and did this last minutes just before people came inside.  Can you find my Oops.  Well, I didn't notice it but Mia (a 4 year old) did. :-)  





HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!

3 comments:

Brandilynn said...

Holy cow! Fun looking party, cute creative mommy, I totally wish I could have been there! Good job on everything, even not stressing out :), it turned out awesome!

Nate and Kim said...

Looks like such a fun party with so many familiar faces! I can't believe Bailey is 2. She was just a little newborn when we moved. there.

Nate and Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.