Monday, April 11, 2011

26.2 miles

So it is official! I am now signed up to a run a marathon in October. I am not sure how I really feel about it yet. When I start to think about it I get really excited and a little nervous (I think it is good to be a little nervous) and then I start to freak out quite a bit. I think about how I am only running 3 miles at a time right now and how some days that feels hard and I am supposed to run 26 miles in just 6 months. So I decided this morning I need some kind of boost and I thought maybe a new pair of running shoes would do that trick. Mine are starting to get worn mostly because I have had them for a couple of years now. I have heard Asics and Mizuno are two really good brands so I have been looking and I found a pair of Asics I like a lot. They have really good reviews and on top of good reviews they are 140 dollar pair of shoes....yeah I bought them for 89 dollars!! boo yah!
Womens ASICS GEL-Kayano 16 Running Shoe

4 comments:

Morgan Hardin said...

I have these shoes and LOVE them. Nike's always hurt my feet, but I could wear these shoes all day long. I have run a little bit in them, but I mostly walk a lot in them, and they never hurt. Good job on your marathon goal! That is awesome!

serayrn said...

Wow. It's great that you post pictures of your running shoes for your family to see. You know we so look forward to seeing pictures of your footwear. Seeing pictures of my grandchildren has just been so overdone! Thanks for not boring me with more pictures of babies...ugh!!

Kristina said...

I'm so glad you made a post on Fred's funny picture because I never knew your blog address! A marathon? That's ambitious! How exciting that you have 2 kids now - I guess a lot happens in 2 years.

McKell&Janeene said...

Good Luck! I am still not sure if I ever want to run a marathon... let us know your thoughts at the end. Your kids are so cute!!!