Saturday, February 5, 2011

Basketball Jones

It is no secret that we are a basketball loving family. Brad and I both grew up playing ball. Brad is lucky and he still gets to play basketball at least twice a week. Me on the other hand well it is very difficult to find a group of girls that play basketball. So these days I am just a hard core fan that loves to play whenever I get the chance!! Brad and I have noticed recently that we passed the basketball loving gene onto our son Jason. For his birthday this year we bought him a basketball hoop and from day one he has Loved it. He plays Every day and multiple times a day and he is actually really good! We were all really shocked at how he has such good form just naturally. Majority of his shots go in and when he gets bored with just shooting a plain old jump shot he will come up with trick shots. Well these past couple of weeks we have been lucky enough to go to some really good basketball games. Brad and I got to go on a date!!!!! His work took everyone to a Nuggets vs. Jazz game and we had a blast (probably because the jazz won). Here are some pictures from that evening!

Brad and I on our way downtown
Here we were a little bit closer to the floor than our seats were.
Finally, we got to our seats! (it was quite a climb)
The view from our seats. Yes we were three rows away from the Very top! Hey! they were free for us!
The final score! Nuggets 106 Jazz 113!!! I am SO glad they won because I was cheering pretty loud for the Jazz and I would have been pretty embarrassed if they would have lost. I am also so glad they won because Brad and I both STRONGLY dislike the Nuggets and the nuggests fans! (sorry if any of my friends that read this are nuggets fans) They are probably the quietest crowd except for when it comes to cheering against the other team and when their players tackle the other team and are complete punks! Anyway I am glad they won and we really did have a great time!
We also were able to go to the BYU vs. Colorado State basketball game as a family! It was so much fun and it was Jason's first Real basketball game. We have gone to watch Brad play many times and Jason really likes that but this was completely different. With all the lights, noise, and players Jason was mesmerized. He sat there and watched the whole game. He even got into it! They were some calls the fans didn't like (I know that's a big surprise) and they started yelling. Jason thought it was pretty cool and he decided he had a few words for the refs! It was pretty much just jibberish but it was really funny. Here are a few photos to remember that night.


Eating dinner before the game. This is Jason's first happy meal! So of course being a weird mom I had to take a picture of it!
Here we are after the game. Go Cougs!
Me and my babies! They both did so awesome and we can't wait to do it again! In fact we will be going to the BYU vs. Air force game this coming Wednesday. This time we will be leaving Bailey with some friends but it will still be lots of fun!

2 comments:

Nate and Kim said...

That's so great that you guys got to go to the Jazz game. I hope that you had a great time on your night out away from the kids.

Emily Wing said...

Too much fun! I love that you guys have a train into the city. SO wish we had that! Can't wait to see you soon! Love you!